Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 14

I had a lot of fun riding today. Rosie was still a little sour toward the other horses but she had a lot more forward motion and did really well. You can see her dominance coming out when I'm riding and I find that interesting because she's very different on the ground with me. I think improving my focus and relaxing more while riding will help give us more guidance without me having to pick at her. I really liked riding outside of the round pen today (we started in there at the beginning) and enjoyed the extra space and room to move without constantly losing forward momentum every time a horse in front was stopped. I'd like to work on trotting for longer periods of time and letting her relax into it, maybe I'll get a chance to do that tomorrow possibly before the round pen?? Not sure, I'll ask Eric.

Also got her bridled with little resistance and she did good. Chomped on the bit for a while but settled into just carrying it by the end of the ride.

Not related to class at all but it took 20 minutes to catch Rosie this morning!!! The other horses took one look at me and ran. The two geldings she's in with are hard to catch anyway and for whatever reason they decided to leave when they saw me and Rosie, naturally, followed. I got nice and wet before class trying to get around the wheel line in the wind while trying to catch the horses. Argh! Maybe I need to go back to carrying treats with me so the the geldings will stick around long enough for Rosie to come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment