Yesterday was a review for the midterm. It went pretty well, I ran through all the items on the test with Rosie which were: circling with bend, disengagement, resend, standing on a plate, flag, tarp, bag, lariat, flagging from fence, saddling, and sitting on horse while flagging. She did well on all of it. I anticipate the test will be fine but I do worry about scoring low on improvement points... I see big improvements in her confidence, her relationship with me, and her ability to relax during these exercises, not just tolerate them with glazed eyes.
We also watched Buck Brannaman movie. It was the first video I've ever seen of his and I'm not sure what I thought about it. I don't feel that the format was really conducive for learning his material but just for general observation, especially if you have a background in NH then it was a fine video. All good methods of horsemanship are similar so nothing he did was terribly new, it's just the technique that varies. I'm interested in seeing some more of his stuff to see what else he's got out there.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment