I can't believe that yesterday was the end of the last full week of class! This just flew by!
Rosie and I did mediocre yesterday. She was very pissy with the other horses in the round pen and when we were outside the pen with less horses. She just kept trying to bite and kick at them. I really think that people need to be defending their "herd of two" and flag her away from their horse - it would really help her and me because then I could focus on just going forward and not trying to prevent her from attacking other horses and losing forward motion when I correct her.
At some point yesterday I just began feeling nervous. I'm not sure what caused it because I was feeling really optimistic going into the ride but I just got really uncomfortable. I wanted to get off but was afraid that Eric wouldn't understand... So as a compromise instead of trotting around or trying cantering like some of the other students I just kept her at a walk. I'm disappointed in myself because I had bigger goals for yesterday, and frustrated because I don't like feeling uncomfortable or fearful. I know that it's a process and I should respect how I'm feeling and know it will get better as long as I keep preserving my confidence and build good experience upon good experience... I'd feel so much more comfortable without other horses running around us all the time and bumping into us. I'd really like to just get on and ride by myself. I understand the theory of riding in a group, but I think Rosie is solid enough to go around alone and I know I'd feel better about riding her in that situation so I could make progress with her and forget about her pissy behavior.
I'm looking forward to next week because I really want to make headway. Hopefully tomorrow will offer some better weather so I can get some play time in with her before class so we're more prepared to try cantering and handle the group situation again.
Wish us luck and safety!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment